Looking for more information on being an Independent Beachbody coach? Over a year ago I was searching for the same information and eventually decided to give this Beachbody business opportunity a try. I did all sorts of research on what it meant to be an ‘independent Beachbody coach‘ and after weighing the pros against the cons I made a decision to sign up. This wasn’t a decision I took lightly so I decided to write about what I discovered, talk about the goods and bads and then hopefully by the end of this blog post you will decide if its right for you.
What’s an Independent Beachbody Coach?
When I did P90X for the first time I was following another guy on the internet who had amazing results with P90X and other Beachbody supplements. Come to find out, not only did he get ripped, but as he began sharing his experience with others via Youtube and his website, he was also making a decent chunk of change in the process. Come to find out he was encouraged by his Beachbody coach to sign up as a coach too and together they worked on promoting P90X and Shakeology, a meal replacement shake that goes hand in hand with P90X.
Ok, so a Beachbody coach is someone who loses a bunch of weight, gets ripped and shares their experience with others?
Yes and No.
You see, you don’t necessarily have to be a ripped machine to be a coach, and you don’t need to be a fitness expert or nutrition advisor. A Beachbody coach in a nutshell is a product of the products. That is a basic necessity of being a coach. If you aren’t using the products yourself and know they work, then its going to be really hard to share that with others (unless you have an e-commerce store which I will discuss later).
Also, a Beachbody coach is someone who is passionate about helping others by motivation and support, not necessarily expert advice.
How to make money as an independent Beachbody coach?
Beachbody coaches earn a commission for any products or supplements they promote to friends and family. So lets say you start doing P90X, and if you do it right you WILL GET RESULTS AND PEOPLE WILL NOTICE. People will naturally want to know what you are doing and will ask – that person is now a potential customer and someone you can help get the same results you are getting. If they decide to try P90X and buy it from you, that’s %25 commission in your pocket, and a new customer which means all their future purchases will also give you commission.
Plus, as a coach, all of your own purchases are 25% off. So if you decide to get on Shakeology HD (which you should) then every month your will get a discounted rate instead of the normal price. That discount is applied to everything – fitness programs, supplements, apparel and workout equipment.
Lastly, if you don’t consider yourself a leader or don’t really want to build a team, then you can opt for just setting up an e-commerce store and selling products online. This is a great option for entrepreneurial types who are very web savvy and like to build websites. In fact, that is huge part of my business, which is evidenced by you reading this article right now…ha.
Ways to promote being an Independent Beachbody coach
- Youtube videos
- Personal contact with others
- Other social media outlets
- Fit clubs
- Email blasts
Benefits of becoming an Independent Beachbody coach
- You get to help others get fit and ultimately lead a better, healthier life
- You have the opportunity to be financially rewarded
- You get a huge discount on your own purchases
- Support and training from Beachbody
- Opportunity for rewards and bonuses (top coaches of 2011 are heading on a free cruise in March to Atlantis)
- Low start up costs ($39)
- No inventory and no credit card processing, Beachbody will handle all that for you
Is this right for you?
- This is a business, and business take time to build and grow
- If you are not motivated to do the business on your own, it wont’ get done
- This is not a get rich scam so don’t expect to be driving a BMW anytime soon, although there are lots of people who do well after being in the business only a year
- You should be a product of the product, so you should be doing some form of workout and drinking Shakeology. If you don’t like working out and talking about fitness then this is probably not for you (unless you are doing the e-commerce store)
Conclusion about being an Independent Beachbody coach
So if you have finished reading this blog post and want more info about being an independent Beachbody coach, then let me know by clicking the blue button below. Maybe you are a bored house wife and want something to do? Maybe you have a full time job but would like to make some extra cash, then this is for you. Maybe you know that if you become a coach, it will help you stay focused and motivated to stay on track with working out and eating healthy, then this can help.