Beachbody Coach – what the heck is that?
Hi, my name is Jonathan Richey and I am an Emerald Beachbody coach. In this blog post I’m going to try and explain exactly what that means and answer all the questions you may have about becoming a Beachbody coach.
I began my P90X transformation over a year ago. I was fat, out of shape, had high cholesterol and my pants didn’t fit anymore! I saw the amazing results other people were getting with the program and decided to give it a try. After struggling with doing it on my own and only getting marginal results, I reached out to someone who had the kind of results I wanted. Come to find out, he was a Beachbody coach and offered to help me get on track. After working with me and showing me where I was going wrong, by the time I got done with P90X I had lost the weight, lowered my cholesterol and my pants fit again. During that relationship, I found out that he was also making a good amount of money by helping others like me get fit. I think everyone could stand to make some extra money on the side so I signed up to be a coach in December of 2010.
More importantly is that I’m just like you – a regular guy with a monthly rent to pay, a wife, a 2 yr. old, 2 cats and one more baby on the way. If I can do this business anybody can!
My success to this point
I work full-time as a web developer and just started the coach thing to make an extra buck or two. I remember the when I first started and I would be so excited to make $30 in one month!! ha ha. So I have to tell you, this is not a get rich quick scheme, this is not an overnight success thing, this is a business and that means you have to work at it just like anything else.
But guess what, it gets better. After a year of working and following the Beachbody Game Plan I was able to pay off both my cars last year (2011). PLUS, this past January 2012, the ‘extra’ money I made from Beachbody was enough to pay my monthly house rent AND my monthly health insurance.! Not bad for a part-time gig!
Beachbody Coach Presentation
What is a Beachbody coach?
I’m not sure what comes to your mind when you think of a coach, but for some reason I think of an ex-military guy with a whistle who teaches high school History and yells at me to ‘take a lap’…ha ha. I can assure you, that is not what a Beachbody coach is all about.
- A Beachbody coach should be someone who is committed to a living a healthy lifestyle. That does not mean you have to be a fitness expert or nutrition guru, it simply means you realize the value in taking care of your physical body and the benefits that come along with that.
- Beachbody coaches should be a product of the product. Put simply, that means you have used or are using the Beachbody workout programs and supplements yourself. How can you effectively discuss the benefits and power of these programs if you are not using them yourself. Now that does not mean you need to go out and try every Beachbody workout program and take every supplement, it just means that you can’t talk about something you know nothing about. At the very minimum, I require all coaches to be on Shakeology Home Direct (or monthly auto ship) because its the easiest, most effective way to begin or continue your fitness journey.
- A Beachbody coach has a desire to help others achieve their fitness goals. As you begin your coaching journey, others will look to you for guidance, support, motivation and accountability. One of the easiest ways to do this is to start your own private Facebook group that will be exclusive to your team. Facebook groups are very easy to setup, free and convenient. This is a great way to create a sense of community for your team members and provide an atmosphere where people can ask questions and find support.
Benefits of becoming a Team Beachbody Coach
- You get paid to workout and share your experience with others. As you continue to be a product of the product and get results, PEOPLE WILL NOTICE. They will ask what you are doing and will want the same results.
- You get access to a 25% discount from your own purchases, including P90X, Shakeology, and any other Beachbody product.
- No inventory, no credit card processing, no shipping – Beachbody will handle all of that for you!!
- Beachbody will take care of the advertising for you – they spend millions of dollars a year on infomercials and product placement so you don’t have to. Therefore you have access to a market that is already familiar with the Beachbody brand.
- Anybody can do it – you don’t have to be a personal trainer, nutrition guru or marketing whiz. The only requirement is that you have a genuine desire to help others.
- Tons and tons of free training, online videos, 3rd party tools, PDF presentations, web logos, online documents – you name it, Beachbody has it ready to help you succeed in your business.
- Since this is a business, you can take advantage of traditional tax write offs like gas, internet, cell phone, etc.
So what are the costs involved with starting this business?
When you sign on as a Beachbody coach you will be mailed a Business Starter Kit which contains some DVDs and some business related information. This is a one-time fee of $39.95 and is fairly cheap compared to the costs of starting a traditional business.
Every month after that, you will be charged $14.95 each month which is basically a business maintenance fee which covers:
1. Your Beachbody coach website – every coach gets their own website so you don’t have to worry about going out and making your own to advertise your business and looks something like:
2. Your Shakeology website – this website is exclusive to Shakeology and looks something like:
3. Your Beachbody coach back office – this is where you will manage your business. It will contain all your customer orders, customer emails, you can send out e-blasts, you can grab web logos, you can manage your volume points, see your commissions and a lot more. Its a total suite of tools to help you run your business effectively so you dont’ have to go out and buy a 3rd party tool to do it for you.
So $14.95 to host 2 websites (English and Spanish languages available) and your back office suite is a pretty good deal.
Lastly, you will need to be on Shakeology Monthly Auto Ship so you can be a product of the product, give out samples and maintain your status as an active coach.
1. Who is Beachbody?
Beachbody is a successful 10-year-old, $250+ million corporation based in Southern California. We create and sell the nation’s most popular in-home fitness and weight-loss products—high-quality, well-manufactured DVD workout programs, gear, and nutritional supplements that have been proven to work. When you become a Beachbody Coach, you’re teaming up with a solid, stable company and a best-selling brand.
2. How do I earn money?
You get paid weekly commissions when people buy Beachbody products and Team Beachbody Club memberships through your personal website. You can also earn cash bonuses based on your team’s sales.
3. Do I need to be a slick salesperson?
Not at all—the fact is, just about everybody already wants to get fit or lose weight. And our products can get them there—we have thousands of real-life Success Stories to prove it! To make money as a Beachbody Coach, all you have to do is let people know that they can finally achieve the health, fitness, and weight-loss goals they’ve dreamed of.
4. What if I just want the 25% discount for Shakeology but I don’t necessarily have the time to help others with their fitness?
That’s perfectly acceptable, many people realize the value in Shakeology and just want to save a buck so they sign up for the discount.
Ready to be a Beachbody coach?
If you have seen great results from using the Beachbody products and want to pay it forward, then becoming a coach is the next step – click the button below and shoot me an email letting me know you are ready!
Team Beachbody® does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Team Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach’s income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings for the most recent information on the actual incomes of all our Coaches.
FREE Weight Loss Secrets Report
Simply enter your information into the form below:Your Privacy is SAFE, I hate SPAM too!